Friday, February 28, 2020

2 Days Later

This truck is so fun. I can't leave it alone. The weather has been so sucky since I got it, and I've spent practically the entire time indoors, waiting for the sun to come out. It's practically freezing, sideways rain, no way going out to run the truck. But that hasn't stopped me from getting my practice on in the house. My 3 year-old likes watching it go. It's been great learning how to drive the thing, dealing with walls, corners, furniture, table legs, etc.

I think the black wheels make the truck look a little meaner.

Notes

Sorry for my stream of consciousness blabber. It'll get better as time goes by. I haven't broken anything more off the truck. I took the rest of the sideview mirrors off, and I think it looks pretty good. There's just the mounting hole there now, and it's small enough not to matter. I think the door handles will survive, so I'm going to leave them in.

I noticed some oil leakage coming from my shocks, so I'm on the lookout for a good replacement set for them. These will probably hold up for now, but shocks will be on my short list. I also am thinking of a shock mount adapter so I can lift the body a little. Not a lot, just a little. I'd like to just get the G8 tires to tuck under the wheel well.



__________

This has all been a great learning experience, and continues to be. And I'm happy that things make sense, don't seem too complicated, and that it's not such a delicate thing that it can't be handled. I've hit everything in my house over the last couple of days, some things at full speed, and it handles it beautifully. I still think I could have gone with a 2S Lipo and been totally fine. I gotta say, I'm STILL on the first charge. I was not expecting this.

Real quick: I just figured out how to raise the ride height, and it's in the mounts. I found the ones on the front yesterday, but didn't see how the back worked. I looked again tonight at the back and figured it out. So I raised the rear end by one hole so it sat more level to the ground. It was a little butt heavy. NICE!


No comments:

Post a Comment