Friday, February 21, 2020

On Order

The car has been ordered. I'm guessing it'll take until Monday or Tuesday before it gets here.

I did it.

I can't remember feeling so apprehensive about a purchase like this in a long time.

__________

Okay, so it's been an hour or so since I ordered it. I feel better about it, although I'm still a bit uptight. Did I get the right power supply? Battery? Anything else I need right off the bat? Did I even buy the right car? It's my first real RC car. I take these kinds of purchases pretty seriously. This isn't that cheap "RC" car I had when I was ten, goes in a straight line forward, or goes reverse and left.

I came to the decision to buy this particular car after doing as much research about it without actually driving it that I could do. I scoured the internet, forums, youtube, RC websites...everything I could find. I started doing this on-and-off about a year ago, with things picking up a few months ago pretty heavily.
I hadn't come to the decision of which car to buy until pretty late into the research. In fact, I not only floated between cars in a class, but I floated between classes. I couldn't decide which way I wanted to go. I kept looking, watched a lot of youtube videos, narrowed down my choices and started looking around. Some choices I took out due to price. Others due to availability in my area, and a group of other cars that seemed to display the same mechanical malfunctions or quirks through many various videos. Or the hosts say pretty much the same thing..."needs better stabilizers"..."needs better tires".... "servo arm".
I got to the point where I started price shopping, and came across one of the cars that had been on the shortlist since the beginning, on sale, and in stock. There it was. It's put up or shut up. If you don't get it now, blah blah blah.

I'd say take a guess in the comments which car you think it is, but it'll be a year from now at least before the first poor soul stumbles into this corner of the internet, the part with cobwebs on it. But yeah, pretend you don't know and take a guess. By this time next week it'll be plastered all over this blog. Until then I'll leave the blog format in it's basic state.

But anyway, I feel I should mention that there were a number of Youtube hosts that played an integral part in helping me decide on the vehicle I ultimately ended up choosing. If it wasn't for their thorough presentations and positive reviews, I might have not looked as deeply at this car as I did. I'll do a thing about those guys and how they affected my decision.

I will say this regarding my purchase: I went ahead and picked up the two most suggested upgrades when I bought the car. I feel like it was a good idea to go ahead and get it over with.

Okay, seriously. Next post will have the car in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment