Sunday, March 1, 2020

Sunday Cancelled Due To Weather

Nothing much to report here, except no new broken pieces. I was out for about 30 minutes today in the backyard, just running around. I think I'm finished with my speed practicing. Not that I'm worried about hurting the truck, but I'm a little worried about hurting the truck.

With that too-long servo arm installed right now, I don't have very good turning radius, so it's a bit of a pain to handle. Big loopy turns and everything. And since today is Sunday, I won't get much chance to go out again until the smaller servo arm arrives. Oh, it's been sunny with intermittent hailstorms. And cold and windy.



I'm a bit worried that I might have damaged my servo. I hope not. I won't be able to afford a new one for awhile. I stopped driving when I noticed the issue, so hopefully I caught it in time. Nothing weird is happening, but the steering does twitch occasionally. Either way I'll put in the new arm when it gets here and use it until the servo stops working.

But I gotta say this: this kind of RC truck isn't meant for ripping around and bashing. It just isn't. It's a trail and rock truck. And because of its size it's at a bit of a disadvantage, but that's what it is. So caution has to be used. It's a great truck that'll handle great, as long as you respect it for what it is.

I haven't started counting how many days I've had this first charge on my battery going. I thought the Lipo Cutoff would happen today, but I didn't get enough time. It started to rain and get nasty out.

No comments:

Post a Comment